2016-2017 PTA Board Members
President: Christie Szabo
1st VP Membership: Angela Warrier
2nd VP Fundraising: Hollie Cuellar
Secretary: Tracey Fontenot
Treasurer: Angela McDonald
Historian: Anita Briggs
Parliamentarian: Candyce Bartlett
Arts in Education: Lisa Brown
Programs: Annabel Gutierrez
Gladiator Games: Kim Arnall
Hospitality: Diana Biasello
Publicity (PTA website): Jill Clark
Publicity (HGMS activity & social media): Dana Barber
Council Representative: OPEN
Volunteer Coordinator: Erika Castillo
Teacher Representative: Chuck Barksdale
Principal: Tracy Wernli
The purpose of the Hector Garcia Middle School PTA is to:
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- Raise standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- Develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
- We are committed to working with parents, students and teachers to ensure our children get the best education possible. Our primary focus is to promote healthy lifestyles by offering fun, educational programs that promote physical activity, eating healthy, and supporting the community we live in.